Temple B’nai Abraham | Elyria, Ohio
Congregation Established: 1910 ♦ Affiliation: Reform Judaism ♦ Current Building: 1955
Style of Architecture: Mid-Century Modern ♦ Photographs: 2007 By Gail Traxler
Originally established as an Orthodox congregation, B’nai Abraham was also part of the Conservative movement before becoming Reform.
For the past 30 years, Temple B’nai Abraham has belonged to the Union for Reform Judaism (URJ), which best reflects our mode of worship and religious practices. One of the strengths of TBA is the ability to grow and shift with the needs of our Westside Jewish congregants, reflecting the ever-changing landscape of modern Judaism. With our roots firmly planted in tradition and the strength of our congregational family, we look toward a bright future here on the West Side of Cleveland!
In 1910, Temple B’nai Abraham was originally incorporated as an Orthodox synaggogue. Through both World Wars and the Great Depression, TBA has endured and provided Jews of the westside of Cleveland a spiritual home. For much of the past century, TBA functioned as a Conservative synagogue, before transitioning to its current affiliation with the Reform Movement.